Saturday, May 7, 2011

Insomnia

Darkness steals it away
like a thief in the night
as the moon shines through
with its bright glowing light

I toss and I turn
trying to put my mind at ease
I open my bedroom window
to get air and feel a breeze

Still sleep evades me
and my worries multiply
as a tear drop falls down my cheek
I try my hardest not to cry

Like a deep dark hole
it takes away my peace
as I try to dream of wonderful places
bad thoughts it won't release

my heart begins to pound
my breathing become fast
as I try to tell myself
that this feeling will not last

the clock ticks
as mornings sun begins to rise
I hear the birds outside
as I lie there with heavy eyes

A new day has begun
as my mind and body still fight
I give up the battle
as my bedroom welcomes light.....

1 comment:

  1. Do you find it difficult writing in the middle of the night with no sleep? This is a nice piece..not as powerful or moving as many of your others but I like it nonetheless.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete